Monday, October 8, 2012

in touch with nature

I went on my first hike this Columbus Day weekend in Point Reyes, California.  The sun was shining, but the temperature was not too hot and the trail we went on had a good amount of shade so it was a good experience overall.

Muddy Hollow Trail is about 1.5 miles one way and it takes us to the beach.


The view on the way...


Pinecone for souvenir?


On our way back, we spotted a deer!  I'm glad I brought my new zoom lens with me. :)


Tips for hiking:

- Bring water and stay hydrated.
- To prevent sunburn, wear sunscreen and reapply every few hours, and wear long sleeves!
- In case the hike takes longer than planned, bring snacks (energy bars are great).
- Do some research online on the trail you plan to take.  Print out maps and familiarize yourself with the resources available.
- Let someone know where and when you'll be hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment