Monday, February 18, 2013

Train Adventure

As mentioned in my previous post, I recently went on a train adventure!  It was an interesting 19 hour train ride.  Fun experience, but I don't think I would do it again.  (It's definitely faster, and in my case, cheaper to fly.)

We boarded the Amtrak here around 9:30PM Wednesday:


Amtrak Station at Jack London Square - Oakland, CA


I didn't take many photos of the train cabin, because the lighting was not that great.  If you want to check out how it looks like, Amtrak has a pretty neat 3D virtual tour.

I would say that the sleeper cars are similar to airplanes since each car has an attendant and the toilet flushes the same way.  In general, everything on the train is just a bit more spacious than on an airplane.

We woke up while passing by the snowy mountains.



More photos taken during the train ride... and experimenting with the manual mode of my DSLR.


I think this is one of my favorites


erie... is this train going to hogwarts?
I'm not sure what this was...

Thursday around 5PM, we arrived at Portland, OR.


Darn, it's not Hogwarts!!

<3tingtinging





No comments:

Post a Comment